Leland Creative is seeking an intermediate-to-advanced-level graphic designer Web & Graphic Designer who is adept at web design and possesses a good understanding of UI and front-end concepts. The position also requires traditional design and print production capabilities. Key responsibilities include creating websites, purchase pages, microsites and other web-based applications; developing professional, compelling designs for printed media, including direct mail, brochures, flyers and large-format pieces such as trade show panels; understanding, translating and creating design documents, style guides and specifications; producing wireframes, mockups and comps, and bringing the designs to life with HTML and CSS development; and, performing testing and providing peer feedback.
This is a position that collaborates with other graphic designers, front and back-end IT developers, project managers and sales teams to provide engaging web-based and promotional assets.
· “Expert Level” of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
· Translate client expectations into unique, custom designs
· Ability to design with the development process in mind
· Track record of handling multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
· Positive personality that looks at the glass as half full
· Comfortable with productivity as an important measure of success
· Strong web design and print portfolio
· Proven experience designing for client needs
· Strong understanding of HTML/CSS
· Strong understanding of User Interface (UI)/User Experience (UX)
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Understand and practice web standards
· Ability to work on multiple projects is essential
· Experience working with a modern CMS –
· Experience with WordPress is a huge plus
· Strong understanding of HTML5/CSS3
· Experience with PHP is a bonus
Leland Creative is a graphic design firm established in 2005 with extensive experience connecting retail brands with its customers. With design experience in packaging, point of sale display, corporate identity, collateral brochures and interactive websites, we develop a creative strategy that truly delivers results. We create the “visual voice” our client need.
As an award-winning agency, we have been fortunate to work with some of the leading brands in New England, including Dunkin’ Donuts, LoJack, Margaritas Mexican Restaurants, Boston University, Destination Salem, Queen Bee Barrette, University of Miami Pediatric Hospital, and Zeo and Zeemote just to name a few.